Thursday, February 3, 2011

Muscle Weighs More Than Fat

I will never understand why people say this and use this falsehood to make others feel better when they aren't loosing pounds as fast as they would like.  While a pound of muscle looks much better than a pound of fat THEY STILL WEIGH THE SAME!

Please don't subscribe to this misconception. A pound of anything weighs 1 pound!

Here is a picture to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Google it, you can find tons of other people that will tell you the same thing.

2 comments:

  1. Muscle does weigh more than fat. Muscle is more dense. If you filled a 1 cup measuring cup with fat and a 1 cup measuring cup with muscle, the measuring cup with the muscle would weigh more than the one with fat.

    Sure... a pound is a pound. But a pound of fat takes up more space than a pound of muscle. And the pound of muscle is not unhealthy on your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...it still weighs the same. It's the mass that is different. Mass & weight are not the same type of measurement.

    Katy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks