Monday, February 14, 2011

What happened to customer service?

Do you ever think about how customer service has changed over the years?  I can remember when people took pride in their jobs and worked to do them well.  When people care about their performance, it always seems better...at least to me.  Maybe it's not perfect but you can tell when someone is really trying to do their best and when they are only there to earn a paycheck.

What happened to people that took pride in their performance and managers that actually tried to hire and retain good employees?  I would think in this economy they could be a little more selective with their hiring and actually require people to perform well or be fired.

Some times I think this woman is smarter than some of the people I've received "customer service" from lately.



I think this is going to be a problem for me.  In my previous job, the majority of the people I worked with enjoyed their jobs and did everything they could to be accurate in everything they did.  They took pride in a job well-done. 

Now that I'm looking for another job I'm afraid I'm going to end up working with people that do only the minimum possible to remain employed.  In my mind, that is NOT acceptable.  I don't know why this bothers me so much but this might be a struggle in my search for a new job.

Lord help me have patience and vision to find out where I'm supposed to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks