Thursday, July 7, 2011

The trial results were fair but unfortunate

I've been reading the enraged comments online about how unfair the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial was and I'm sickened by the stupidity and closed minds.

Yes, most people think Casey killed her daughter. At the very least I believe she was negligent in not reporting her missing sooner; however, you cannot convict someone of a charge that they were not charged with. The prosecution chose to pursue 4 charges: murder 1, manslaughter, child abuse & lying to police. They did not include NEGLECT as a potential charge so the jury could not choose to convict her on that charge.

It seems to me that the prosecution is to blame for this injustice because they chose to prosecute on charges that they couldn't prove without a reasonable doubt. It's been said many times that they were never able to determine when or where Caylee was killed, the duct tape didn't have Casey's prints on it, and there was just no physical evidence to prove what happened.

Yes, it's unfair to Caylee that her murderer has not been brought to justice.

No, the justice system as a whole didn't fail...the prosecution did!

Before you start bashing the decisions made by the jury and judge educate yourself on the laws, the trial and the facts. I won't say put yourself in their shoes because the people making these crazy comments would most likely NEVER be chosen for a jury of this nature. Think before you start to judge someone that you don't know. They followed the law, we can't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks