Monday, July 4, 2011

Recipe-Cornbread Salad w/picture

There are many variations of a cornbread salad recipe but I've got to say I like this one the best. My mom has been making this recipe for some time and I love it. The ingredients sound like an unlikely combination but it is fantastic. We've made this for several get togethers and people always talk about how good and unusual it is.

Ingredients:
1 box jiffy cornbread mix, prepared, crumbled
8 strips of bacon, cooked, drained, chopped (can use pre-cooked)

1 green pepper
1 purple/red onion
3-4 tomatoes (I take the seeds/middle out if they are really juicy)
1/2 cup sweet pickles
> Chop veggies and combine in a bowl.

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
2 tbsp sugar
> Mix these 3 ingredients til well blended
> Add dressing to veggies and toss til combined

Assembly:
> Layer half the cornbread crumbles in a dish
> Layer half veggie/dressing mixture
- Repeat

Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks