Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Prayers Needed

If you are the praying sort, please add these folks to your prayer list and spread the word to others. If you don't believe in that sort of thing, please just keep these folks in your thoughts.

- My uncle Ken is diabetic, on dialysis while waiting for a kidney transplant & had a 3rd heart attack yesterday. He now has at least 2 stints in his heart. He is the father of 2 pre-teens and husband to my aunt. They live in Tennessee and don't have any family closer than 3-4 hours away.

- My aunt Leah is in the midst of stage 4 cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis C and is waiting for a liver transplant. She is in and out of the hospital every month because her ammonia levels get elevated and she becomes delirious. She was erroneously taken off the transplant list several months ago and the doctors have pretty much written her off. They admit her til her levels are closer to normal and then send her home to wait. She retains lbs of fluid that must be drained monthly and is in constant discomfort. This weekend, she also broke her foot in 2 places.

- My cousin's 18 month old baby girl is battling cancer and is on her 2nd round of intense chemotherapy. She is too young to have to go through all this.

- My uncle Earl was in the ICU last week due to an unknown illness. They still aren't sure what caused him to be so sick but the doctor said "If I didn't know any better, I'd think he had cholera".

- My cousins grandmother is in the hospital with cardiac issues as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks