Monday, July 4, 2011

The fireworks heard round the world

First of all...HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!


We have plans tonight so we decided to shoot off our fireworks on Sunday night and invited over some of Josh's friends and our family. This year, I went way overboard on the fireworks. I can't even tell you what I spent but we had a big pile of stuff and it was BIG, booming stuff. Awesome, right?

Well, one of my neighbors didn't think so.

If you follow me on twitter or facebook, you may know that I've had some "issues" with a certain neighbor and the kids lighting bottle rockets & firecrackers. To make a long story short, she was having a fit because some of the bottle rocket sticks fell in her yard and she didn't like the noise...even though we never shot them off after 9pm.

The stuff we shot off last night was probably 50 times worse. I did an evil laugh inside as I loaded up my cart with stuff I knew would probably rattle the windows! I couldn't help it...that little devil inside took over and I just wanted to blow their minds with a really great show.

Anyway, about 8:20pm we got assembled and started with some small stuff, fountains, spinners, etc. Then came the big guns...lots of stuff that shot straight up and exploded...like smaller versions of what most cities do each year. After every 5-6 items I'd go out and sweep down the street so there wasn't any debris if the cars came through and we made sure we were in the middle as far away from trees, cars and houses as possible.

About 30 minutes into the show and just after I lit the last BIG box one of my other neighbors comes running out of the house screaming "you're gonna burn our house down". Keep in mind, we were 3 houses away from her and the fireworks were going straight up. Guess the huge booms that came out scared the crap out of here but you'd think she would have known in the first 30 minutes that we had some loud stuff!

I'm also proud to say that we were done by 9:10pm, I had all the debris swept out of the street and bagged up and we were in the house, sitting quietly in front of the TV. Some people just need to loosen up a little. :)

Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks