Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Could your network be hacked?

Wi-Fi Hacking Neighbor from Hell Sentenced to 18 years

Read this article on Wired today and found it extremely concerning. I believe that I will no longer be storing any passwords on my home PC, just in case I have some disgruntled neighbors that are actually technically inclined.

Wonder what else we should be doing at home to ensure this doesn't happen. It did take some time for him to get into their system but it's scary that things like this can actually happen.

Any tech savvy folks have suggestions for ways to counteract or detect this kind of intrusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks