Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Can You Help Me Find A Job? Yes You Can!

This morning I saw a post on twitter about getting help on your job hunt. The link took me to a facebook page that promises to help several lucky users find a job. All you have to do is post your story and get people to like it to be in the running. Read a few sob stories and some inspiring ones but wasn't sure if my story would really generate enough interest to be a contender.

Quite honestly, I'm more afraid I might get chosen and then end up being paired with a job that I didn't like. I have no idea if they will commit to choosing potential jobs in the home area of the winner or if they just search the entire country for something that might fit your profile. Reading other stories should make me feel much better about my situation, right? I think I'm going to submit the following and see what happens. If you wouldn't mind following this link and click "like" on my post that will help get me in the running for this helping hand!

After 12 years with my previous employer, my job was relocated & I was not in a position to move w/it & I became unemployed for the first time in 20 years on January 1, 2011. Happy New Year, right?

I thought that finding a new job would be relatively easy with 12 years of financial services experience. Sadly, my previous jobs involved responsibilities that financial institutions outsource to other companies. I knew starting over was inevitable but it appears that I'm overqualified as a bank teller but under qualified for anything else w/out a degree.

As a single mom I'm trying to remain hopeful about the future while training my 13 year old that "extras" will be no more. Guess my dream job would be something that allowed me to review the service and performance of employees, processes, etc & offer suggestions on ways to improve things. Kind of like the consulting firm that reviewed my company and decided my job should go to Ohio...isn't it ironic?

Had a little more detail and better info but the limit to post is 1000 characters so I had to cut it down quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks