Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Feeling misled

In my attempts to further my career here, I've posted for the same job 3 times. I have been past over all 3 times by someone that has less experience and job knowledge. The last time, I was told that I had been recommended for the same position in a different group if it should come up, so I had some hopes that I might have a chance. 2 weeks later, the first person they chose over me stepped down...and they offered the job to someone else. Again, less qualified.

A week and a half ago, I received a call from a manager in another department that asked if I was aware that she'd posted a job for her group. Since I'd applied in July for the same job and never heard a word about it, I assumed they didn't think I was qualified and didn't try again. After speaking with the manager I felt more hopeful and I applied. 2 days ago the job posting came down and I still haven't heard a word about my application.

Why would she call and specifically ask me about it if she didn't intend to even give me an interview? This is so frustrating and discouraging to deal with. You can only take so many rejections before you start to believe you're just a worthless employee and give up. I'm not to that point yet but I have gone from denial to pissed off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks