Sunday, September 15, 2013

Driving in the "ghetto"

Josh and I like to drive around town, listening to the radio and people watching. He recently asked why we always drive around in the "ghetto".

I always thought it was because it's the neighborhood where I grew up so it was familiar but I now realize that it's also because it makes me feel better about myself. Not that I'm better than anyone that lives there now but I feel like I've moved up, slightly, and am in a better place.

When we drive around other neighborhoods I get depressed because I feel like those people have done so much better in life and are more successful. That might not be the case but that is my perception and it makes me feel like a failure to drive by nice homes that I know I will never be able to afford.

Insecurities suck and I'm trying to deal with them but I have to acknowledge the weakness before I can overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks