Monday, March 14, 2016

Lost in translation

"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems oppressive"

No, what's oppressive is being constantly told you're a racist just because you're white. White privilege is a myth. Most of the folks I know, white & black, worked hard for what they have. There wasn't any privilege involved.

This guy thinks that people are pissed about muslims, black lives matter and gay rights because they don't want to give up any of their "privilege".  I say people are pissed because they are bashed for wanting the same courtesy that all these folks are demanding. Taking away my rights won't make it any better for those that feel they are being slighted.

I shouldn't have to give up my rights so that someone else can exercise theirs. We have the right to free speech and I'm tired of being told I have to shut up so that these other groups don't feel left out or upset. 

This "privilege" that people keep forcing on us white folks is ridiculous. If I'm offered a promotion, should I say "No thanks! Can you give it to any other candidate that's not white or straight? I don't want them to think I have privilege." F-ing insane!

Stop blaming me for the bias of other people. If an employer treats me differently because of their beliefs...that's not my fault. Am I supposed to turn down benefits offered to me? Hell No! I'm sorry but life isn't fair. Suck it up and get over it.

If we were talking about these folks being enslaved because of their color, sexual orientation or religion... That would be different. We're talking about people being inconvenienced or refused service due to these situations. Nobody is being physically harmed...get over yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks