Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm ashamed of my behavior!

I don't know why I let myself get drawn into these snipe-fests that happen on Facebook! 14WFIE posted an article about IL Meth Dealers being billed for the clean up of any fires that they start. They asked if we had any other ideas about ways to decrease the drug problem in the area. Here is my response:

Require drug testing for those on welfare, unemployment or other government issued benefits. I have to pass a drug test to get a job, why shouldn't they have to be clean to live off my tax money? I know not all folks getting assistance are on drugs but there are enough that ARE to make this a good idea.

8 other people liked my comment and about half the other posters had similar feedback. However, I was the only one that was being attacked for my comments...from 3 different people. I do not understand why people have to be so rude and obnoxious to each other.

Unfortunately, I fell into the trap and made some comments back. Pointing out the error of their comments and defending my opinion. I was snide and should never have bothered going back to see what else was said. I don't know why this particular posting made me keep going back to comment. Normally, I make my comment and then never go back because I don't care what anyone else thinks about my opinion. This time, it really irritated me because the comments I got back were so insanely idiotic that I just couldn't resist responding.

I cannot abide people that blindly attack others. It was my opinion, that's what the news station asked for. Give your opinion and then shut the hell up and mind your business. It was not supposed to be an open debate forum.

Sadly, I am embarrassed that I participated in so childish an interaction so I deleted all but my comments and blocked those 3 users that felt it was ok to attack someone they don't even know.

Lesson learned, don't get involved in childish "discussions" about what other people think. We are all entitled to our opinions. If asked, state your position and then move on. Don't worry about what other people think. The world is full of assholes and the comments on facebook prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks