Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dream Job Averted

Ok, it wasn't exactly my dream job but it was the closest thing to what I had done over the last 12 years and I knew I could do it. I know several people that work for the company and I landed an interview a little over a month ago. I felt it went well, but then...I waited! After nearly 3 weeks I sent a follow up email, hoping it would at least elicit a response if the job had been filled or I was no longer being considered. I got nothing.

I expect to get nothing when I submit a blind application. I can even accept getting no response after a phone interview. However, once I've made the trip to your business to have a face to face interview I'd expect at least a response to my email. At any rate, I got nothing whatsoever to indicate my standings in the hiring process.

Maybe I was just a courtesy interview because I knew someone that put in a good word with the CEO. I don't care...is a response too much to expect? Even if you had no intention of calling all the rejected applicants shouldn't I at least have expected a simple response to my follow up email?

At any rate, I've been hanging on, all this time, hoping that somehow I'd gotten the job. At precisely 7:40pm CST tonight all those hopes were dashed thanks to Facebook! My previous boss updated her current employer and she had taken my job! The job I applied for. The job I interviewed for...twice. The job I knew about before her because my neighbor works there and told me about it 3 weeks before it was even posted.

Of course, as soon as I saw her post her new employer I had to call her up and let her know that she had stolen my job! Boy, does it pay to be on good terms with your previous boss so you can actually have those conversations without anyone getting ticked off. All seriousness aside...I'm ok with her getting the job over me. She has a lot more experience and will do a fantastic job. Not to mention that I wasn't completely excited about having people reporting to me again. I can do it...but it's not my favorite form of torture.




I'm gonna take that as a sign that there is something better out there for me.









I'm gonna remain hopeful that this was just practice for something bigger and better that is coming my way. I just hope that "something" gets here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks