Monday, April 11, 2011

What The He!! ?

Saturday I stepped on the scale and saw a 2 lb gain. I was worried about what would be reflected because I've worked for a friend's renovation business several days and burned a huge amount of calories per my HRM (around 2500 on most days). I decided that since my body was obviously confused by the new activity I would just skip this weeks weigh in and try again later.

This morning I stepped on the scale to see if anything had changed. I'm not showing a 6 lb gain.

Are you kidding me? What the hell is happening with my body? I know my joints and muscles are sore so the lactic acid build up is not helping but how in the world can I have gained 2 lbs in a week and than another 4 lbs in 2 additional days? That is not fair when I've been working on my feet for 4-6 hours a day 3-4 times a week. :(

No work out or work today but tomorrow I'm going to haul a load or 2 of wood so I'll be burning over 1000 calories a trip I'm sure. Should I eat those calories or not? I just don't know what to do. Last week I was eating about 2000 calories a day when I worked hard and burned a ton of calories. I just don't know what my body wants anymore. The week before I didn't work out at all, had one 2000+ calorie day and still lost 3 lbs. This doesn't make sense.

Maybe my body just needs the bare minimum and the exercise calories need to be left alone and not eaten. I just don't know. Yesterday and today are a few hundred calories over because I didn't work out. Guess I'll try to stay around my 1370 goal each day the rest of the week, drink tons of water and see if I can flush all the crap and confusion out of my body!

I'm just frustrated because I know I've been working hard and burning calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks