Sunday, June 9, 2019

Designated Survivor - My review of season 3

I loved season 1 & 2 but I'm having trouble getting on board with season 3, now that Netflix is in charge. Only a few episodes in and there's been more cursing and sex in the first half of this season than all of the first 2 seasons together.

Way more liberal issues are being explored, which is fine, but the way they are delving into them with so much graphic content and depictions is a bit off putting. They've dropped the F bomb way more times than is needed to get the point across and Seth even called someone a cunt in one episode. I know that word is accepted in some places but in many parts of the US, it's still not considered a "nice" word.

Call me old fashioned but I'm just not comfortable with, or interested in, watching a show that feels the need to use foul language and graphic sex to get ratings. The show didn't need it but that seems to be how Netflix operates. Lots of liberal ideas being shoved in your face because they think that's what people want. I just hope this doesn't destroy the viewers and tank the show for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks