Monday, January 31, 2011

Less than 1000 calories/day

On this new site that I'm using to track calories, you can allow other people to view your daily food log which means I can see what other people are eating and compare it to their weight loss, mine, etc.  There are several people that are eating less than 1000 calories a day and logging 500-1000 calorie burns per day.

So far, it seems like they are still losing weight but I believe they are only into the program for about a month or 2.  Is it wrong of me to hope that they will soon fail because of the poor way they are working the program?  Not that I would wish that anyone gain weight but maybe if they would plateau and stop losing it might make them realize that what they are doing isn't right or healthy.

Lord knows they aren't listening to me when I tell them the lowest daily caloric intake is supposed to be around 1200 for people at a normal weight. Guess everyone has to learn on their own and if they want to lose weight like this, more power to them.  I just don't believe you can maintain that for a healthy life on a consistent basis.

They will all learn in the end that too few calories can be just as bad as too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks