Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Corporate Equity Index-Why are companies so woke?

If you're like me, you may have asked "why are so many companies becoming so 'woke" lately?" Well, there's this thing called the Corporate Equality Index run by the Human Rights Campaign, that reviews companies on their inclusivity for the LGBTQ communities and then gives them a report to tell them what they can do better.

What you'll find is "woke" companies like Meta, Adidas, Kohl's, Target, Nike Google & Microsoft (the latter 4 are National Corporate Partners of the Human Rights Campaign) all have scores of 100 points.

As an example, my employer...which is constantly creating groups and sessions for every possible group that is out there, only has a score of 20 points. I'm speculating here but, it may be that my company isn't forcing this down people's throats or changing their logo to a rainbow in June to show support for pride month. They aren't forcing people to attend sessions on "unconscious bias" or "inclusive thoughts" but are making things available to those that might be interested.

Frankly, I think this score is bogus and should never have been allowed to become "a thing". You're going to rank a company based on how inclusive some extremist group thinks they are and dock them points when they don't implement your suggestions for improvement.

My company has offices and employees around the world, 40,000+ of them, and I'm curious to know how those folks feel about the inclusion efforts of their own employer. Just in my small group, we have multiple people that are part of the LGBTQ community. Our head of HR is also part of that group. I don't care about the opinion of some committee, whose entire purpose is to search out situations that they think might be offensive to a small group of people.

I know someone that works at a huge law firm and they also have a score of 100 but I also know that they are forcing their employees to attend mandatory sessions in inclusion, equality and other topics that the woke agenda is pushing on the masses. Coincidence?

Surprisingly, Chik Fil A doesn't even have an entry on the CEI index so I'm not sure if they are only reviewing certain types of companies, like publicly traded, or if they just gave Chik Fil A a zero score so they don't even list them. 

Use this link to check out any companies that you are affiliated with to see their CEI score.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks