Sunday, January 24, 2016

Julie Delpy may be right

Julie Delpy said that being a woman in the film industry is the worst because you're often ignored when you point out the inequality in the industry, as she did years ago regarding sexism. She's quickly bashed on social media and ends up apologizing because some in the black community took offense.

Blacks all over the US throw a fit because they don't feel enough blacks are nominated for Oscars, threaten to boycott the show and people fall all over themselves to make changes to their policies to appease them.

White woman gets a social media beat down & is forced to apologize.

Black woman gets praise and accommodation for her tirade.

Sounds to me like the folks bashing Julie have just proved her point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks