Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weigh In 01/08/11 & NSV

My scale almost took a flight through the window this morning at 6am.  Not because it wouldn't work, but because it thought telling me I'd only lost 0.4 lbs this week was funny!  I knew that couldn't be right because I had eaten about 1/2 the normal calories and increased my activity as well.  In disgust, I climbed back under the covers and dreamed of a scale that wasn't out to get me.

At 8:30am I decided to give the scale one more chance to stop lying to me and give me the accurate number.  Lucky for the scale, it indicated I lost 2.8 lbs this week.

Not quite the big number you usually hear about people losing the first week of a new diet and exercise routine but a good loss, nonetheless!  I had to give myself a pep talk and remember that any loss on the scale is a gain for my health and well being...no matter how small.

On to my Non-Scale Victory (NSV). For my sons birthday party today we had pizza and cupcakes. I managed to avoid eating either one. Instead, I came home and I'm making rice and sauteed veggies for lunch.  Gonna save myself a ton of calories and heartburn later.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks