Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sickness Sucks

I've been fighting what I thought was the flu for over 2 weeks.  On Monday I woke up without the ability to swallow, terrible ear pain, hideous sinus drainage and 1/2 a sore throat. Finally called the doctor and got an antibiotic that I started monday night.  As of this morning, nothing has changed.  Unfortunately, I tend to be more resistant to antibiotics than some people (not sure why) but this is getting ridiculous.  I thought you normally felt a little better within 24 hours of the antibiotic being started.  I've had 2 days of doses and nothing is better.

If there is no change for the better tomorrow morning I'm going to have to call the doctor again.  I just hate doing that because without insurance I get the privilege of finding out exactly how out of control the prices for seeing a doctor for 15 minutes are. :(

On the upside, I'm not eating as much because it hurts to swallow and nothing tastes right.  Maybe that will help me continue losing weight since I'm too darn sick to work out.  I've not even been able to stay up long enough to clean the kitchen so it's now overflowing with dirty dishes and trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks