Monday, August 16, 2021

I forgot my cart quarter

I shop at Ruler at least once a week. If you don't know, it's a grocery stores where they hold  your quarter hostage while you use their cart, and then return it if you're not one of those scumbags that leaves their cart sitting in the middle of the parking lot. But, I digress! 

Because of my numerous trips, I usually keep a quarter or 2 in the truck so I'm prepared. I also like to leave my quarter in the cart when I return it in case someone else finds themselves without one, hence there are times when I may not have a quarter on me. Last night, I found myself in that position after a tiring 12 hour shift, while running on less than 3 hours of sleep. 

On my last Ruler trip, there were 3 "cart quarters" left behind so I was hopeful I might find one waiting for me. Optimistically, I approached the cart line, only to find...NOTHING! Not a single quarter to be found.

As I entered the store, mentally narrowing down my list to the few that I could feasible carry to the checkout, I briefly thought about wrangling the cart free from its' chain by force. After deciding it wasn't worth jail time over $0.25, I grabbed a few things and headed home.

As I headed back to Ruler today, I made sure my trusty cart quarter was safely in my pocket. As I returned my cart, I contemplated leaving the quarter again but decided against it. I'm getting low on quarters and I'll probably be back at Ruler within a couple days. I'd better hang on to it until the quarter thief is identified and apprehended. Ha Ha 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks