Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Grey's Anatomy got woke?

I have to say, the wokeness of the last couple seasons made me really want to shoot my TV. About half of their cast of doctors are people of color. In a city that is only 7% black. You really want me to believe that these people are discriminated against?

When Maggie told Amelia to check her white privilege, I almost puked. Really, Maggie? You're mixed. You've lived a charmed life with amazing parents. You're a genius that graduated early and is a chief of cardio surgery before the age of 30. You're pretty privileged compared to most people I know.

The Avery's are rich because of the foundation that the old white grandfather started yet they bitched about him all the time. They were free to step away from the family name and make their own way but they rode those riches for their entire lives.

Many others worked hard to get where they are and they fought racial tensions because they are older. But these young folks making 6 figures, buying yachts and fancy sports cars can shut the hell up. Systemic racism is a joke. People need to take responsibility for their own lives and actions. You want something better? Do better. Stop blaming your lack of success on racism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks