Monday, November 9, 2020

A disappointing realization

I haven't been on facebook for several weeks. Too much depressing garbage leading up to the election and I didn't want to deal with it. Today, I went on to check out what was happening and catch up on pics of my baby nephew when I came across a post that irked me.

A friend, that I knew was on the opposite end of the political spectrum, has been much more active during the days since the election. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the things that this person posted were so easily debunked that I have to wonder if they are really as intelligent as I used to think.

Posts and memes that confirm for me that they are just like so many others who refuse to do any research into the facts behind their posts and simply post because it gets them attention. In addition, almost every single post referenced race in some way. And I would never say this person is racist but I have to wonder where their true feelings lie when that's all that they can seem to talk about?

This person exhibited many of the characteristics that I find abhorrent in the liberals of today.

* Inability to research or accept facts
* Constant reference to race instead of the true merits of the person in question
* Intolerance of anyone with differing opinions

And why aren't liberals bragging about all the plans & policies that Joe & Kamala have? Seems all they can focus on is that she is black & female. Sure doesn't seem like the right qualifications to run the country to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks