Sunday, June 26, 2016

When will it end?

Milo is a gay, conservative man that often says things that I totally agree with but he's gone off the deep end with his new fat shaming campaign.

Jcpenney released a video of plus size women that have become successful to remind women that they don't have to be ashamed of what they look like.

Milo claims the retailer is pushing it's customers to be fat instead of changing their lifestyle to get healthy. It's funny to me that a man that has probably never been overweight a day in his life would assume he knows what women are going through.

The women in this video have lives, careers and success, despite the pressures of the world to be thin. Nothing in this video says being fat is fabulous. It's telling women that they should be happy with who they are and not be shamed by the ideas of society.

At one point in his article he even suggests fat people should be hunted. How insensitive to other people do you have to be to make a comment like that?

Yes, many overweight people have health problems from being overweight. Some folks are overweight due to health problems. Not everyone that is overweight can easily do what it takes to lose the weight. It infuriates me that people will assume they know what each person faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks