Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Most hated interview tactics

I hate interviews. More than anything else in this world. I'd rather be boiled in oil than have to go through them on a consistent basis. People that change jobs a lot or go through numerous interviews are some strong, crazy, people.

I hate them because I dislike talking about myself. I can tell you stories about things in my life all day long but don't ask me to try to brag about myself. If that's what you want to hear, you'll be disappointed. I just can't do it. I dislike people that are so full of themselves and it's hard for me to get past the fact that it sounds like you're a self centered jerk when you go on and on about your accomplishments.

Some of my least favorite questions include:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why are you the best candidate?
3. What's your biggest accomplishment?

Ask me about my previous experience. Ask me about what I'd like to do in the position. Ask me what my ideas are for the future of the department. Don't worry about what I think of myself. Find out what benefit I think I can bring to the job/company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks