Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I guess it's better to lie

Recently had an interview for a position that I have several years of experience in. Initial rounds were done by HR, so they could get a feel for each applicant from an outsiders perspective. I was relatively confident that I'd at least make it to round 2 since I had experience.

Today, I was advised that I wouldn't be moving forward for the following reasons:

1. My responses to the interview questions were some times sarcastic, making it appear I had a negative attitude about the company. While they didn't want me to change my personality, I should try not to be so sarcastic going forward.

2. When asked about my biggest accomplishment, I responded that we were not given the opportunity to do extra projects in our group and that was deemed as a lack of pride in my current position.

So, basically I should pretend to be someone I'm not to get the job and then do whatever I want once I'm in the position? I could take that to mean that I was too honest and real and they wanted people that are more sheep-like and submissive. I might just take that as a compliment. I've never wanted to be a follower.

I would be so mad if I hired someone based on an interview filled with lies and then found out later they were someone totally different. Oh well, I guess this situation (among other things) makes it abundantly clear that I will never go anywhere in this company and I need to start looking outside if I ever want to get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks