Sunday, May 25, 2014

Did you get your "fat letter"?

I am so sick of hearing about these schools sending home letters from the health department telling parents their kids are overweight.

Clearly they have no concept of how this can effect children. Most of whom already know if they are actually overweight. Do they think that those of us that are "fat" don't already know it? I'm sure the peers of these kids have made it clear to them that they are "different" but if they haven't, and they are still treated as equals, these letters could be responsible for putting the fear of being "fat" into these kids heads and cause future problems with self-esteem and eating disorders.

Unless the child is morbidly obese and clearly neglected by the parents, the school needs to stay out of it and mind their own business. Their job is to educate...stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks