Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cheap food is making us fat?

I wonder how much time and money was wasted to come up with this little nugget of wisdom. I think many people have been saying this for years. It's not a new concept.

When faced with the option of buying lean cuts of meat versus fatty rolls of ground beef, what are you going to choose when you're on a tight budget?

I hear people saying that eating healthy is no more expensive than eating "crappy" but that's simply not true. At least not where I live.

I can't afford to buy fresh fruits & veggies because they are so expensive. They are more of a "treat" when I have extra money than a weekly staple of my shopping list.

Frozen meals can be as cheap as $1 each (or less) but to make meals fresh and freeze them is more expensive, not to mention time consuming. For a single parent who works 2 jobs just to pay the other bills, I can't afford the luxury of fresh fruits & lean meats.

What really irks me is those folks that are on assistance that eat better than I do. I know (hope) that they are in the minority but I saw so many when I worked as a Cashier at a grocery store that I'm a bit jaded.

If the price of fattening foods was more than healthier options, I can guarantee I'd be eating better & probably lose this extra weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks