Monday, February 13, 2012

Did you get your efficiency ranking?

Last week, Vectren sent letters out showing us where we rank in efficiency with 100 similar homes nearby. First of all, we live in a 700 sf duplex with almost no insulation. I hope there aren't 100 similar homes nearby.

At any rate, my current ranking is 75 out of 100. Horrible number but they also pointed out that I was number 96 last time. I guess when you look at it that way number 75 isn't so bad.

Some friends on FB were in agreement that we doubted anyone got a ranking over 50 because they were trying to make us all feel like it was our fault that our bills were high.

I'm happy to say that I found someone in the top 10%. My grandmother is at #16 out of the 100 similar homes in her area. Of course, the woodburner & fact that she won't heat the whole house or run the dryer probably helped her number a lot.

She even got smiley faces on her letter. I sure don't remember any smiley faces on my "#75" letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks