Thursday, June 30, 2011

Motivation Lacking

Anyone that knows me, knows that I've been struggling with my weight forever. I've lost large amounts of weight twice before but always gained it back. On January 1st, 2011 I decided to start again and really focus this time. It's not happening.

I don't know why I can't get the motivation to actually stick with it this time. I think it's because I've gotten so comfortable with who I am and I don't really care what other people think about it...which is good and bad. Semi comfortable and you still want to look nice. Too comfortable and you get to a point where you just don't care what you look like. I think I'm too comfortable.

Originally, I was having serious issues with my feet and arthritis and I wanted to lose the weight to relieve that pain. At this point, the pain is either receding or not so bad so I just can't get my mind to care about losing the weight. I want to do something to get my mind back on track but I can't figure out what that is.

Being out of work for 6+ months would have been the perfect time to get in shape but instead, it just made me more depressed since I wasn't able to find a job and feel like a productive member of society. Maybe when I find that new job it will give me the incentive to get back on track and improve my health and looks.
Let's hope so! :)
This is a fun pic that some friends and I have done when we were in TN about 11 years ago. I doubt I will ever look like this but wouldn't that be nice!?
P.S. I hate my nose...too wide! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks