Friday, April 8, 2016

Transgender Bathrooms, Give me a break

It's pretty sad that we need a law that says which bathroom people can use. I'd be willing to bet a good number of people, at least females, have been in a public restroom at the same time as a transgendered person and never even knew it.

Transgendered people want to be treated the same and be allowed to use the same bathrooms based on the gender they identify with...what bathroom were they using before? I'd imagine they used the bathroom associated with the gender for which they identify and nobody was the wiser. Why is this now a problem?

Who brought this all out in the open and started all the ruckus? If you want to be treated the same, then you need to stop drawing attention to what you perceive as bias against you. Most people wouldn't even know you're transgendered unless you tell them, or you're one that's super flamboyant but...that's your own issue to deal with, right?

I'm sure things have been fine up to this point but now that you want to make a law to protect trans people from discrimination you're opening the door to a whole herd of sexual predators that will use this as a way to gain access to more victims, some of them children. Is that really what you want?

How are we to know the difference between a legit trans person and a sexual predator? Are you willing to take your safety for granted and just take their word for it? I'm not saying the trans community would do this...I'm saying the sex offender community will...for sure! Passing this law will only make it easier for them to get away with it and harder for us to prosecute them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks