Saturday, April 23, 2016

Stop helping the predators

Haley Power had this to say on facebook.

I shared a bathroom with a transgender woman today. I had my 3 babies, a duffel sized diaper bag, 2 dirty diapers and 0 patience. I also had 0 handguns and my husband, a voting republican, was certainly not there. Do you know what ghastly things happened to me? She handed me my wipes when I dropped them off the table. She had the audacity to smile at me and tell me that my children are beautiful. Then she proceeded to act all nonchalant and walk in a stall to do her business. Crazy right! You know what didn't happen? I didn't get molested! I wasn't grabbed inappropriately, and I actually didn't feel scared! Using a bathroom at a gas station with no door makes me feel scared. Using a bathroom at a drive in movie theatre puts me in a compromising situation. Using the bathroom with a transgender woman (who has been victimized the better part of her life I am sure!) who APOLOGIZED TO ME FOR POTENTIALLY MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE didn't scare me at all, though? I have cried for her, to her, and about her all afternoon. People! Your wives and daughters aren't safe in a public restroom as it is! If you believe that criminals obey the law, then I am certain you're voting to abolish guns for the protection of your family, too? Right? Wait.... Use your common sense, stay alert, and be so cautious of your surroundings, but especially of your words. If you put your hate out into the world, it might just turn around and be your little boy who decides that he is a woman one day. Stop the hate!

My response is this: It's not the transgendered folks you have to be afraid of. It's those pretending to be, and there have been several stories of this happening. Will a law protect them from prosecution? Until someone can tell me how to tell them apart, I'm not going to be in favor of this.

I want to know what transgendered people were doing before the law. I'd imagine they were using whatever bathroom reflects the gender they identify with and nobody was the wiser. I'd like to know why this has become such a hot topic all of the sudden? The trangender population is tiny (less than 1% I believe) compared to the overall US population so I find it hard to believe that many trans people are even having issues with this.

Yes, criminals break laws so let's not make laws in their favor when they decide to prey upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks