Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Male or Female...how do we decide?

I understand that there are people in the midst of transitioning from one sex to the other. That's you're choice and I really don't care what you're preference is. What I DO care about is the attempt to force me to use a public restroom with people that are NOT anatomically the same sex that I am.

There has to be a line that we set to determine who can use which bathroom. As a country, we are not adjusted enough to operate in a unisex bathroom environment. I consider myself pretty open minded but even I think this would be a very awkward experience...especially in the workplace.

My initial thought is that you are still male if you have a penis; however, if you're transitioning you'd be dressed like a woman. So, how does that work? You'd look like a woman but have male equipment so no matter which restroom you use, things are going to be (potentially) awkward for someone.

A unisex bathroom is the only answer, as far as I can see. This would be open to anyone that doesn't mind sharing and should be clearly marked so nobody wanders in accidentally and then gets all offended because they couldn't read the signs.

Wait, let's think about this for a moment. How long has this been going on with no issue? How long have male cross dressers been using women's restrooms without any backlash? Why, because most people don't look at each other that closely in the bathroom. Most of us would have never even known what sex you were if you hadn't made such a fuss of drawing attention to yourself.

If you're dressed like a woman and plan to sit to do your business, use the ladies room.

If you're dressed as a male and plan to stand (or do #2), use the men's room.

Most folks aren't paying that close attention to the others in the bathroom with them. If they are, they may be the sickos that we need to be watching out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks