Thursday, July 30, 2015

No, this doesn't make you racist

5 women died while in 5 different jails this week. I guess that makes all cops racist, right? No, I'm gonna have to call B.S. on that one.

It's no surprise that nearly every interaction with the police has been spun to be some sort of racial issue. What I just can't get past is why almost all of these people resisted or failed to cooperate.

In many cases, it started as a simple traffic stop. Why the hell did you argue, fight back and/or try to run? Take the warning/ticket, keep your mouth shut and move on. It's not a difficult concept. Thousands of people do it every day.

Now they want to create some trend from 5 black women that died in jail this month. 1 had health problems. 1 committed suicide. A 3rd potentially committed suicide. That leaves 2 more that could be considered questionable. How is that supposed to convince me that all cops are racist?

Just doesn't make sense. You know what does make sense? Not breaking the law. Staying out of jail. Staying alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks