Sunday, July 13, 2014

Guns laws...finding a happy place

This article talks about proposed gun laws for Chicago that are aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

First, criminals don't usually obtain guns legally so new laws won't have any impact on their ability to acquire them.

Second, I have no problem with sales been video taped but I do not agree with the limit on purchases per month & I think waiting periods are a waste of time. If I pass the background check, there should be no issue.

If you feel better background checks are needed, fine but I have to wonder what else you're checking for. Do you want my medical history as well as my school transcripts?

I full agree that we need to do a better job of keeping weapons (all kinds) away from "crazy" people but new laws won't make criminals change their ways. It'll just give them more laws to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks