Friday, May 23, 2014

Stop this "Everyone Is A Winner" Crap!

Michigan school sends note home that field day will not be a competition.

Ok, I'm going to say this and I'm sure many will disagree but I'm sick and tired of this "everyone is a winner" mentality!

NOT YOU ARE NOT!

There are many people that are going to suck at a lot of things and you're just going to have to learn to deal with it. You can't win everything, you can't always get your way, and we are not going to celebrate because you did something you were supposed to do anyway!

This goes right along with my dislike of commencement ceremonies for things other than high school and college graduations. You do not need to put on a cap and gown every time you move to a new school. It's ridiculous! I'm ok for recognizing those that excel but I'm sick of everyone being treated as if they were the best thing since sliced bread!

Many of you are not good at things and you need to learn that now so you know how to deal with failure in the future. Life is not a fair or fun place...stop treating kids like they can do whatever they want and be considered a winner!

Ok, sorry...but I'm sick of this mentality and feel it really has caused this horrible sense of entitlement that so many "young folks" have these days!

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks