Monday, May 26, 2014

Celebrity parenting advice? Get over it!

At first, this headline outraged me. But as I read the story, and thought back on the comments made by Gwyneth Paltrow, I started to think about the difference in parenting styles across the world.

Just because it works for me, doesn't mean it'll work for you. Why do we become so outraged when another parent expresses their feelings on raising children? Are you being forced to follow their lead? Noone is making you do anything that you don't want so why do people get so upset about celebrity parenting ideas?

They have more money so they have more options. Some would say their finances make their views of parenting skewed and outside the realm of reality, and that  may be true. But whose reality are we comparing it to?

People say things that you won't agree with. Sometimes they say things they might not even agree with down the road. People evolve...Don't take their opinions personally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks