Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lighten Up

I'm not one to get excited, or passionate, about things in my life. I can certainly understand that some folks do and they are very vocal about their beliefs. I have no problem with that as long as it doesn't infringe on my right to the pursuit of happiness!


That being said, there's a difference between being passionate and being a complete lunatic. It's a fine line but I feel that many people have crossed that line these days and it must stop. You can't sue people just because they don't agree with your beliefs. You can't sue people because the rules of an institution require you to do something that you don't really want to do. You can't sue people based on discrimination just because you didn't get something you wanted (job, home, etc).
 
In this Story, a family is suing the school because their atheist daughter has to say "under god" when they say the pledge in the morning.
 
Here's a thought...how about she refrain from saying the pledge at all or omit those 2 words if you agree with the rest of it?
 
Why are we using the school when they aren't the ones that wrote it in the first place? It's not like they have the authority to change it.
 
If the school was making her say the pledge each morning, then I could see the parents being outraged; however, it doesn't sound like that is the case. It sounds more like the kid has been saying it all this time and the parents are just looking for attention and maybe some money!
 
I'm so sick of people that look for discrimination in everything and will do anything to get money for nothing!
 
There will always be people that hate you for whatever reason. Unless it makes it impossible for you to go about your daily life, it's not worth stressing over! Suck it up, Move On, Don't be a Baby! This is the real world and it's time we learned to deal with it...without being an ass!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks