Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ethnic Halloween costumes make me racist?

Wow, so I apparently opened up a huge can of worms by saying that I didn't think ethnic halloween costumes were racist as long as the wearer wasn't portraying the character in a demeaning light. If you want to see more, go to the Ask A Manager page. My comment is the 2nd on this post and I'm being attacked in a mass number of posts after. I was even called a "smug twit"! LOL

I love the post that basically calls me a racist for being accepting of the situation. People can stretch anything to make a scandal and I'm so sick of all the intolerance. I knew there were people that had strong opinions and probably wouldn't agree but I had no idea that they all read this Ask A Manager blog!
 
 

I guess if we want to be fair then we should not allow "non-white" people to buy costumes that portray white people as that could be considered "reverse racism". And what the heck is reverse racism anyway? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
 
There are always going to be people that hate you based on your race, sex, education, etc. Who cares? Let them hate, that is their problem and unless they act on it, it has nothing to do with you directly.
 
Stop giving power to those that want to be hate mongers, including the folks that felt the need to attack me for posting my opinion, which is what the website owner asked for.
 
Freedom of speech, but only if you agree with what the majority of the public think, eh?
 
Well, that's not how I live so if you don't like my opinion...move on! I'm not hurting you, I'm not defaming anyone and I'm not speaking ill of any other person, race or gender. Get over yourselves and find something to do that will actually benefit the world...instead of spreading more hate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks