Sunday, February 19, 2012

Frustrated with work

I expected things to be different when I changed jobs last year. What I didn't expect was to find myself in a position where my abilities & actions are constantly being questioned.

I'm not accustomed to people that don't believe in me and it's very difficult to adjust to. I'm also not used to working with people that are so quick to judge you based on their preconceived notions.

Yes, I'm independent and I don't often ask for help...but there's a reason. I dont need help...at least not managing my workload. I have no problem asking my peers for help when I have questions but I don't have a problem with my workload at this point. One day, that may change...but don't judge me for not asking for help I don't need.

Maybe, instead of trying to make me feel bad for not asking for help, you might pay attention to the other things I'm doing...like helping others when needed. Accusing me of sabotaging a coworkers accounts is not the way to encourage me to help. Especially when you have no proof. Not to mention that the coworker was already making huge mistakes before I ever started helping. (See previous post for more details on this issue.)

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (job) but I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I will try to be optimistic because I like my job and (most of) my coworkers but the overall atmosphere is less than appealing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks