Sunday, October 9, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork...for dummies!

I'm not a good cook. I wish I was. I can follow a recipe if it's not too complicated but I'm not good at creating recipes or altering those that are already available. Today, I want to share my BBQ Pork recipe with all of you that are in the same boat.

Place the pork butt in the crockpot. I use boneless, rolled and try to buy them when they are on sale.

Dump in enough rotel tomatoes (with the juice) to almost cover the pork.

Add a regular sized bottle of BBQ sauce to the mix. I love Sweet Baby Rays!

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours depending on the size of your butt. :)
     *You'll be able to tell it's done when the meat falls apart when you poke it with a fork

Take it out, shred it with 2 forks (or cut it in small pieces if you prefer)
Toss it with a little more BBQ sauce and serve

Totally quick, easy and pretty much foolproof...unless you turn the crockpot on high & leave all day. That will ruin your dinner plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks