Thursday, August 11, 2011

New school, new building, new chaos

The beginning of this school year has been interesting. Lots of chaos, delayed info and incorrect info. I blame it on the huge changes with the schools and leadership. It's hard to maintain control over the changes when there are so many of them & the "man In charge" has changed.

From the wrong orientation info being posted, delays in announcing fees & a huge mess with netbooks I feel like I've been in the dark a lot.

Yesterday, I spent 6+ hours untangling & securing charger cords for the netbook docking stations. Whoever helped Monday & Tuesday got bad instructions or doesn't listen well. Either way, it increased processing time for what we had to do yesterday. Tracey & I stayed all day and worked through every tower. Now, we just have to scan them all into the system and then I guess they can be delivered to the kids.

Lots of kids spent yesterday lost and/fighting with stuck lockers. Hopefully, it'll be better today. They discovered yesterday that all the cafeteria tables wouldn't fit into the cafeteria so they have several in the hall and had to break up each period in half so the kids could eat. I have to wonder how you don't know the tables wouldn't fit until the first day of school. Seems like a failure by the designer or whoever should have measured before ordering.

At any rate, the school is nice & Josh is not totally opposed to going so I'm gonna try to remain optimistic. He was actually heading to the bus stop 20+ minutes early this morning. Hope he actually got on the bus. :)

Here is a pic of one of the docking towers I worked on yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks