Friday, August 19, 2011

My goal body

I think most people that are trying to lose weight have a person that they consider the ideal body. Someone that they can picture in their mind as they work toward losing weight and getting fit. Do you know a goal body? Is it a celebrity or someone you know personally? Do you have a picture of them posted in your kitchen or do you just keep a mental image of them on hand for motivation? 

After several attempts to get to a healthy weight/size I'm realistic enough to know that I will NEVER look like this:

I have no illusions about being able to wear a bikini or skinny jeans and I doubt I will EVER show my stomach to the world. Right now, my goal is to be able to wear a pair of jeans or pants with my shirt tucked in and not worry about my stomach sticking out. I don't want to buy clothes that are enormously baggy in an attempt to hide the fat that has taken over my body!

Therefore, I will NOT make one of these bodies my goal body for this round of my journey. No, I think THIS is more appropriate for my current goals! Sorry about the naked photo but it really illustrates my point. She's not stick thin but she is beautiful. (Crystal Renn)







I also love Whitney from America's Next Top Model. Either of these ladies are good "goal models" for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks