Saturday, August 20, 2011

Drug testing required for welfare recipients?

This has got to one of my favorite laws ever. Anyone that says this is bad is crazy. To get a job, and often keep it, workers may be required to prove they are drug free. If I'm required to be drug free to work/pay to support the folks on welfare then they should have to do the same to live off my tax money.

I don't know how anyone could be against this unless they are on welfare & drugs and know they would lose their benefits. If you are going to break the law by doing drugs then you get no help from others.

Call me terrible but there is no reason to allow the abusers of the system to live off the rest of us.

Florida governor defends measure requiring drug tests for welfare - CNN http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-05/politics/florida.welfare.drug.testing_1_drug-testing-tanf-welfare-recipients?_s=PM:POLITICS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks