Friday, July 1, 2011

New IN Texting Law = Poorly Written

The new Indiana law that prohibits texting and reading emails & texts seems to be a very poorly thought out guideline. With technology as advanced as it is and phones able to perform just like a computer, more parameters should have been put in place.

Frankly, the law probably would have been better if it read "Any cell phone use without the use of a hands free device is prohibited by a driver when the vehicle is in motion". That would cover all types of phone activity and make the law more clear...at least in my mind.

Maybe I'm being to simplistic but it seems it would have been much easier to enforce and manage if the law had been more encompassing of all dangerous cell phone activities.

See the full article from News25 here.

What do you think?
http://www.news25.us/story/15015494/dont-text-drive-but-surfing-the-web-is-still-legal-in-indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks