Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Isn't it ironic...don't you think?

Aside from being lyrics to one of my favorite songs ever, it's also the theme of the evening.

Josh has been on the fence about playing football for over a month. I believe he is just scared because he doesn't know everything and he doesn't like that. I've been trying to convince him that now is the time to start because nobody at the 7th grade level knows that much and now is the time when it's ok to still be learning.

Tonight, he finally decided that he was going to go to the Football Fundamentals session tomorrow morning and he said if he tried to get out of it I should "make him go". Just to make sure I was correct on the time and location, I checked the football website and could only find a date for next week listed (there were originally 4 sessions scheduled).

I've got to confirm with the coach but it appears the session for tomorrow was cancelled due to a statewide moratorium...there are no football activities this week.

Sure hope he is this definite about joining the team when the next session is scheduled...next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks