Thursday, July 7, 2011

If 1 weiner = scandal...2 weiners = ????

A man from my hometown recently won an unemployment case against Dillard's because they fired him without just cause. Their reasoning? He ate 2 left over hot dogs from a company wide 4th of July picnic that were intended to be saved for Labor Day. 

Here is more detail of the case...I almost couldn't stop giggling as I read this. It seems so frivolous for, what amounts to, about $0.50 worth of food.

I have to wonder...the manager gave instructions to put the food in the freezer but the opinion clearly says the employee took the hot dogs out of the refrigerator. This leads me to believe that the original instructions the manager gave weren't properly carried out by the other employees, or the fired employee was actually eating one of the cooked left overs and not the items that had been put in the freezer.

I mean, seriously...who is going to take a hot dog out of the freezer and eat it? Seems a little odd to me. I'm sure there is more to this story but I'm glad this guy won his case. I have never been in a Dillard's, nor will I ever at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks