Monday, June 6, 2011

Troublesome Teens, Lay Offs, Anxiety

I expected some trouble when my son hit the teen years but the last few months have been almost unbearable. I'm at the point where I just don't want to fight about anything so I just ignore him when he gets into a tirade about something. And curfew??? Forget about it! He still has a week left of school but he just refuses to come home when I tell him to. He's always near the house with his friends that I know so at least he's not out running all over town but I'm really getting tired of him not listening.

I'm sure this is mostly my fault for not having a more structured schedule for him as he was growing up but it's just the 2 of us so I didn't really NEED to have a schedule for every aspect of our lives. I find it more enjoyable to be able to be free to do things on the fly if you want but that has apparently back fired on me.

I think it got worse when I lost my job because since then he has become increasingly combative, refuses to go to school at times and has been late every day for the last week because he just won't get up on time. I know what you are thinking...MAKE HIM GET UP! Yeah, it doesn't work that way when he's 5'6"+ and 175 pounds. I can't just get him dressed and put him in the car anymore. If he refuses to get up there is nothing I can do about it. Well, if he continues to refuse to go the truancy officer may come get him but that is another story entirely. :)

Football workouts start today and I really hope this is something that will get him focused and make him want to work harder so he can stay on the team. I guess we shall see if he can manage to stick with it and learn a little self discipline in the process. I can't wait until this week is over so we don't have to worry about school for a little while. I'm tired of fighting about it.

I'm sure my anxiety about the job situation is not helping either but it's been over 6 months an I can't even get a call back. I'm so frustrated I just don't know what to do. I don't want to take a job making less than what I can get on unemployment but I may not have a choice when that runs out. I just hate doing nothing. I wanted to be a CASA volunteer but once I get a job my schedule might not allow me to take off during the day to go to court and I don't want to commit to them and then have to back out again.

The situation seems bleak sometimes but I just have to keep going and hope the best will eventually come...or at least something mediocre. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks