Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cited for flipping the bird?

While I agree that people should follow the laws and I'm extremely irritated by those that don't, I think this officer in the story (link below) took things a bit too far.

Driver Cited for Flipping The Bird

My biggest issue with this is the officers comment to the driver, indicating he would have pulled the other guy over if Mr. Pogue hadn't flipped him the bird.

He said, 'Yeah, I was thinking about going after them until I saw you flip them off.'

Seriously? How about we actually uphold the laws that are put in place to avoid people getting harmed, causing traffic problems, etc. Was any one delayed or harmed by a middle finger in the air?

Was the bird in poor taste? YES...Mr. Pogue admitted as much but I don't see where he should be penalized for that. If he had just yelled F*** YOU out the window, would that have been better?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks