Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welfare Recipients Fined For Being Overweight?

I came across this article and found it quite interesting. Arizona would like to charge a $50 "annual fee" for welfare claimants that are considered overweight and are not following a doctors dietary plan.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13397306

Honestly, I think it's a fantastic idea. This might be the only way for people that are living off the system to really focus on their health and make some better decisions. I don't think this should be a global rule but for anyone on government/state assistance it makes sense.

To me, this should be implemented along with mandatory drug testing for anyone getting benefits. Hopefully, that would ensure that the people that truly need the assistance can get it and those that are just milking the system because they are too lazy to work are identified and properly removed from the system.

Just my opinion...tell me yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks